To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced embedded software engineer to develop key flight software for mission and communications subsystems for innovative, high-capability small satellites. Exciting product development activities will include phased array antennas, high data rate radios, and radar systems.
- This engineer will be responsible for full lifecycle ownership of the software development process and implementation, from concept through hardware integration, test, and documentation.Close collaboration with systems, digital, and firmware engineering to develop mission architectures and optimal solutions to complex problems
- Constructing, developing, and testing software applications, drivers, or middle-ware in a low-power embedded environment
- Participating in software requirements generation, design, implementation, and testing.
- Integrating developed software with hardware test platforms, firmware, and preexisting software.
- Maintaining new and preexisting software solutions to enhance feature sets and to consistently improve overall stability.
- Additional responsibilities as necessary, including support of other program or integrated product teams when subject matter expertise, review, or input is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other appropriate discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience in embedded software development
- Experience with common development environments such as Linux, GNU cross-compiler toolchains, and IDEs such as Eclipse
- Experience with common configuration management and test tools such as subversion, git, mercurial, per, valgrind
- Experience executing all major stages of the software development cycle, including requirements generation, construction, design, implementation, and test
- High degree of competency developing in C/C++ languages
- Meticulous attention to detail in design, implementation, and documentation
- Additional preferred experience:MS or other graduate degree in appropriate discipline
Software development for low-power system-on-chip, bare-metal firmware, microcontrollers, or similar platforms
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating system development such as embedded Linux or VxWorks
- Knowledge of common data bus peripherals such as I2C, SPI, UART, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with DevOps or continuous integration practices and tools
- Experience with oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, logic analyzer, and similar standard test equipment.
- Ability to interpret schematics and perform basic hardware debug during integration
- Experience with LabView or similar test automation software development.
- Familiarity with FPGA development and VHDL programming
- Phased array system design experience