To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced systems engineer to lead the development of key mission systems, communications subsystems, and innovative high-capability small satellites.
- The systems engineer will be responsible for technical ownership of the full product lifecycle from concept through design, manufacturing, test, and verification.Working with government and commercial customers to define system requirements and coordinate all technical aspects of the mission.
- Working closely with multidisciplinary engineering teams to develop optimal solutions to complex problems
- Developing system architectures that efficiently satisfy customer and internal requirements
- Performing system trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance.
- Documenting architecture diagrams, system interfaces, requirements, flowdowns, allocations, and verification methodologies.
- Preparing and leading system design reviews
- Additional responsibilities as necessary, including support of other program or product teams when subject matter expertise, review, or input is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences
- 15+ years relevant experience in hardware development and systems engineering
- Demonstrated success developing high-complexity satellite systems or subsystems
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in technical leadership
- Meticulous attention to detail in design and documentation
- Additional preferred experience:Master’s degree in engineering or physical sciences
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Phased array system design experience
- Familiarity with DOORS or similar requirements management software
- Experience with space system budgets including mass, power, and link budgets
- Experience with space system program lifecycles, development flows, test events, and verification and validation
- Equity Incentive Plan
- PTO and Holidays during the calendar year
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities