To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking a motivated Software Engineer to work with our Software team at our Irvine, CA location. Terran Orbital is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Software team is responsible for building and maintaining the tools that enable end-to-end operations of our spacecraft as well as the entire ground segment. As a Software Engineer, the candidate will develop both back- and front-end applications that manage our ground segment, store and visualize spacecraft telemetry, and automate our mission control center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect the ground software framework for Terran Orbital’s next generation of space vehicles
- Core focus: Develop back-end data processing applications (Python) and web servers (NodeJS) and the design of interfaces and data flow between ground segment applications
- Provide mentorship to Junior developers
- Participate in software requirements generation, design, implementation, and testing discussions
- 5+ years of software development including back-end and front-end development, and database administration, (B.S. in relevant field, or 3 years and a Masters)
- Exposure to: React, SQL
- Emphasis on application security at all levels of the system
- Experience with big-data design and system-level architecture
- Experience working in a team environment to foster the growth of junior developers and support team cohesiveness
- Per the requirement of certain Terran Orbital facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes containerization and service orchestration systems
- Familiarity with AMQP (RabbitMQ) message queuing protocol
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices and tools
- Knowledge of IT/networking basics
- Demonstrated experience with generation of user displays and data visualization
- Passion for the NewSpace industry
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Range $105,000-$165,000
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellites primarily serving the United States and Allied aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com.
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require incumbent to move files, walk around the office, and bend/stand as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This job description does not alter the “At-Will” nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain “at-will” unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.