Don’t be just an employee number! Come join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically design, build, launch, and operate state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is currently seeking a talented and growth-minded Social Media Manager to join its Marketing team. This position will be responsible for creating original written and video content, managing posts and responding to our social media followers while managing our company image in a cohesive way to achieve marketing goals.
Ultimately, you are the link between our business and our followers! Not only will you attract new customers and engage current ones to increase our exposure, you will also analyze data to check on best working initiatives, stay up-to-date on the latest digital technologies and social media trends, and express Terran Orbital’s views creatively.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and is an incredible opportunity to support the outcome of a major commercial space capability and lead the social media exposure of a great company. Are you ready to be part of the winning team and grow your career?
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to the success of a fast-growing, multidisciplinary team who devise remote sensing satellite missions and capabilities responsive to customer needs
Possess the ability to design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals, set key objectives, and report on ROI
Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content (original text, photos, videos, news, campaigns, etc.), and monitor web traffic metrics
Run company social media advertising campaigns
Build a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence; build brand awareness
Collaborate with other teams, like investor relations, customer service, legal, and sales to ensure brand consistency, including tone, voice, and terminology
Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences, and create an actionable plan to both grow and maintain followers
Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers / followers and the company, communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, monitor customer reviews, and ensure a positive social media experience
Oversee social media accounts’ design, and suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness
Stay current on technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proven working experience as a Social Media Manager or relevant experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Ability to build social media communities and experience developing social media strategies
- Excellent copywriting skills and hands-on experience in content management
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs and ability to deliver creative content
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Solid knowledge of SEO and internet ranking for web content, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Analytical and multitasking skills, familiarity with web design, and knowledge of online marketing channels
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, journalism, public relations, or relevant field
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Ability to self-govern with minimum supervision, establish workload priorities, and to utilize efficient time management practices to achieve assigned tasks
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR §120.1
- Ability to translate complex technical topics in a clear and compelling fashion
- Desire to learn new skills as required and develop expertise in areas that may be unfamiliar
Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
Cross-training and professional development opportunities
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.