To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is seeking a Senior Robotics Engineer on the Core Automation Engineering (CAE) team to be part of a world-class team of engineers that are responsible for designing and building the robotic equipment at the Tesla factories. As a Senior Robotics Engineer, you are responsible for any robotics equipment solutions for all automotive projects. This includes having extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications used in Manufacturing, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications.
The key objective of the Automation team is developing new and innovative solutions in the factory and help Tesla achieve its ambitious manufacturing goals. All of these automated manufacturing processes will be planned, assembled and tested at our Tesla facilities located in Berlin, Germany.
- Designing / selecting robotic systems
- Creating simulations and offline programs with Process Simulate or Delmia
- Responsible for continuing process optimization
- Advanced robot programming including DCS, Kuka Safe, Karel, KRL
- Develop custom robot application code to interface with new technologies
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects
- Develop procedures and maintain proper documentation related to robotics systems
- Test new robot software and new robot technology
- Excellent robotic high level and background programming skills on KUKA, Fanuc and ABB
- Hands on experience commissioning and programming industrial robots
- Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills
- Experience with Robot simulation packages as well as off-line programming using Robcad, KUKA.Sim, Process Simulate and Delmia 3DX
- Knowledge on programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, HTML, ROS
- Experience on robotics applications such as Spot Weld, Stud Weld, Adhesive, Self-Piercing Rivet, Vision, Arc Weld, Roll hemming
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills
- Multi-tasking ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Able to work under pressure in the presence of stakeholders
- Willing to work nights and weekends when determined by project needs
- Degree as Bachelor / Master / Dipl.-Ing. (TH / FH) specializing in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- At least 5 years extensive experience in Robotic programming and applications
Nice to Have
- Experience with multiple robot brands
- Virtual commissioning experience of a robotics system
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC nutrunner torque controllers, current and power meters, etc.)
- Exposure to programming Industrial PC, PLC and motor controllers
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc)
- Process knowledge in the field of automotive
- Proficient in CAD (CATIA)
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.