To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
This Manufacturing Engineer will focus on Robotics for BIW and will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications in Body shop, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications. Experience with multiple robot brands is desired.
- Responsibility for designing/selecting robotic systems, run simulation, implementation, commissioning and programming.
- Responsible for continues process optimization
- Lead and assist production in all quality and process related topics and issues.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Develop maintenance robotic training program and perform the training
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of: all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks; equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical), etc.
- BS in electrical, mechatronics, or robotics engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years extensive experience Robotic programming and applications
- Excellent robotic high level and back ground programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA or equivalent brands
- Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills
- Proven project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Good overall people management skills.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in CAD (CATIA is a plus)
- Basic PLC programming knowledge.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.