To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Tesla’s Mobile Robotics team designs, builds, and deploys systems enabling scalable and flexible manufacturing lines for Tesla’s growing product and factory portfolio. Products include multi degree-of-freedom autonomous mobile robots. The team joins mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing engineering disciplines in a highly collaborative team.
As a member of the hardware / embedded controls team, you will design, layout and implement hardware interfaces and control loops to new Tesla products, using in-house hardware and proprietary bus systems.
- Research, design, simulate, specify, implement, debug, and test high speed interfacing buses to multi-in/out systems comprising electromechanical actuators and sensors
- Efficiently Translate the modeling team’s control loops and algorithms for implementation on computational hardware (available or newly designed)
- Work collaboratively with electrical, mechanical, and controls engineers to define throughput requirements, computational system capabilities, and set targets product roadmaps
- Advance Tesla IP in developing internal high-throughput sensors and actuators networks for new products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 3+ years experience with hardware systems development and implementation
- Solid background in embedded systems, industrial communications buses (Profinet, EtherCAT, CANbus)
- Experience, understanding, and intuition for the physics of high speed, multi-node communication systems
- Familiarity with hardware description languages (VHDL) and FPGA/CPLD’s
- Experience in interfacing actuators, motors, vision elements
- Familiarity with industrial safety concepts
- Translating industrial safety to communication layer safety (ProfiSAFE, FailSafeoverEtherCAT, etc.)
- Capability of delivering high-quality code in an embedded environment
- Familiarity with embedded microprocessor design process: compilers, debuggers, IDE
- Experience developing in an RTOS environment
- Familiarity with the computational aspects of neural networks
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as Matlab / Simulink