To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
Tesla’s Mobile Robotics team designs, builds, and deploys systems enabling scalable and flexible manufacturing lines for Tesla’s growing product and factory portfolio. Products include multi degree-of-freedom autonomous mobile robots. The team joins mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing engineering disciplines in a highly collaborative team.
- Design and optimize joints and structures for mass, stiffness, cost, and manufacturing
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to create a cohesive and balanced product
- Fabricate prototypes, iterate rapidly, advance your concepts through to volume production
- Develop specifications and accelerated test plans to validate the product for its determined lifetime
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or Mechatronics or equivalent industry experience.
- Proficiency in designing parts and assemblies using 3D modeling software (CATIA preferred)
- Experience drafting engineering drawings and conducting tolerance stack-up analysis (GD&T bonus)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.