To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
What to Expect
The Tesla humanoid robotics modeling team is looking for a highly skilled and motivated colleague that would like to help building the next generation biped robot. You will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team with the goal to build a humanoid robot that can support manufacturing operators in tedious and exhaustive tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Robot modelling architecture
- Conceptual design of piped robots
- Accurate modeling of kinematic chains
- Abstraction and conversion of joint mechanisms into rigid body trees
- Physics/model representations of joints, limbs
- Design and support of new mechanisms
- Measurement and matching of model and simulation
- Complex controls simplification for fast analysis
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent of experience and evidence of exceptional abilities.
- 3+ years’ experience with controls system development, modeling, and implementation.
- Excellent background in linear systems analysis, stability, and controller design.
- Creating dynamic models of electrical, mechanical, and thermal systems.
- Experience, understanding, and intuition for the physics of basic electric propulsion, motion control systems, and heat transfer.
- Knowledge in control systems including, spring loaded inverted pendulum, Zero Momentum Control,
- Model Predictive Control, Motor controls, etc.
- Modeling knowledge in inverse kinematics, inverse/forward dynamics, impedance control, torque control, etc.
- Basic design of electric motors & power electronics & control circuits.
- Familiar with gear reduction mechanisms including: Planetary, Belt drives, Harmonics Drives, Magnetic Gears, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills, including design, manufacturing limits, mechanical linkages, design for manufacturing
- Strong programming skills in Matlab/Simulink, Python, C++, SQL, etc.
- Strong skills in CAD (CATIA, NX, Inventor, Solid Works, etc.)