To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
The Robotics Engineer, will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications used in Manufacturing, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications. Experience with multiple robot brands is desired.
- Responsibility for designing/selecting robotic systems.
- Creating simulations and offline programs with Process Simulate.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization.
- Advanced robot programming including DCS, Kuka Safe.
- Develop custom robot application code to interface with new technologies.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
- Develop procedures and maintain proper documentation related to robotics systems.
- BS in mechatronics engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years extensive experience Robotic programming and applications.
- Excellent robotic high level and back ground programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA, ABB or equivalent brands.
- Hands on experience commissioning and programming industrial robots
- Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Robot simulation packages as well as off-line programing using Robcad, Delmia 3DX or Process Simulate (preferred).
- Virtual commissioning experience of a robotics system is a plus.
- Knowledge on programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, HTML, ROS
- Experience on robotics applications such as Spot Weld, Stud Weld, Adhesive, Self Piercing Rivet, Vision, Arc Weld, Roll hemming.
- Experience on Automotive industries is a plus.
- Good overall people management skills.
- Proficient in CAD.
- PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.