To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Automation & Equipment Engineer for Stamping. Stamping will be responsible for design and development of new forming lines which requires a high level of automation
- Reports to Stamping Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Responsible for leading design, installation and commissioning activities for stamping forming lines and post processes as it relates to automation
- Supports equipment design RFQ’s
- Requests the necessary project capital and is accountable for the budget
- Provides direction and receives feedback from suppliers ensuring equipment quality & delivery commitments are met.
- Approves supplier designs
- Ensures that suppliers adhere to equipment building standards.
- Participates and perhaps leads the equipment standard documentation development.
- Prepares a detailed program plan that meets timing goals and visits suppliers on a regular basis to ensure compliance to timing dates
- Schedules and facilitates equipment trials at suppliers and locally where applicable
- Provides direction and leadership to Launch Support Team.
- Provides a detailed documentation record of “as built” conditions.
- Provides direction to Engineering Techs and Engineering Interns as necessary.
- Provides a detailed list of high priority spare parts
- Update Equipment Tracking System.
- Provide technical expertise to various departments from time to time.
- Other tasks assigned by Manager.
- BS in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with a focus on automation
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical designs
- Experience with stamping lines and/or CNC machining center cells a plus
- Good project management skillsets to manage press vendors
- Equipment safety buyoff Advanced knowledge of requirements by OSHA, ANSI and ISO
- Robotic hardware and programing experience required (Kuka, Fanuc, ABB preferred)
- Proven project management experience
- Innovative, Business-minded, Capable of working well within a team, Organized and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadline
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).