Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Sesto Fiorentino is the Headquarter of Thales Italia. It hosts two Domains: Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) and Security (SIX). The activity of GTS domain: Security systems, telecommunications, supervision, control & management information and signalling solutions for trains, trams and metros Regarding railway solutions, Thales is the homologated supplier of Rete Ferroviaria Italiana for Axel Counters, Tunnel Security, Energy Saving, SCADA systems and Asset Management. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for tramway signalling solutions. The activity of SIX domain: mission critical solutions and applications for assets and citizens security (supervision, control and information management systems) as well as cybersecurity. Thales offers solutions to protect the information systems and critical data of its civilian and military customers and helps its customers to detect and prevent cyberattacks by devising secure architectures from the design stage, overseeing these architectures and ensures that they are kept in secure working order. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for Airport security and operations management solutions.
The Test & Commissioning Engineer is in charge of the implementation of:
- the internal system factory tests activity normally done for a reference system platform or customer platform relevant to a product or solution supply relevant to a project;
- the test and commissioning activity with particular care to the setup and monitoring of the relevant work-package (budget, plans, schedules);
- the maintenance activity with particular care to the development of services.
He/She must also ensure the management of site activities for Transportation projects.
- Conduct factory tests and on site at the customer’s premises, as well as commissioning, analyze the results and make them available.
- Define the workpackage of T&C and maintenance activities in terms of budget, plans and schedules.
- Conduct training in factory and on site at the customer’s premises, analyze the results and make them available.
- Prepare maintenance plans and conduct maintenance activities on site at the customer’s premises.
- Be the technical interface for the Customer Acceptance Counterpart.
- Participate to the Project Meetings (internal and external: with the Customer, Thales subcontractors and other entities) when scheduled and/or requested.
- Fill in the reports concerning the role and responsibilities according to internal reporting procedure.
- Coordinate and control on site the different Vendors and Subcontractors.
- Correctly apply Quality procedures and HSE procedures and instruction of his team.
- Properly deal with other Contractors to manage external interfaces.
- Participate to the Project reviews in line with Company standard processes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Resident or willing to move in Tuscany.
- Fluency in Italian and English is mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in test and commissioning activity and management of site activities for Transportation projects.
- Sound technical knowledge of all the main technologies and subsystems used to implement IT, Telecom and Security services including Signalling systems (mainly the signalling systems used for the Tramway), of the way in which these subsystems are integrated, of the related operational scenarios and of the ways they are usually verified and validated.
- Availability to travel on a shot term notice and more than 80% of working time.
- Availability to be expat shall be considered a plus.
- Skilled in managing Customer and Suppliers relationships.
- Skilled in coordinating and managing heterogeneous resources in an international environment.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!