Connect the Universe
Why work for Tethers?
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value and support each other’s growth
- Convenient Eastside commute to Bothell with nearby walking trails
- Comprehensive medical/dental/insurance package with full company paid premium option
- 15% SEP IRA company contributions on top of salary
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time increases after first and second year with company.
- The team members that work here are awesome!
This Sr. Embedded Software Engineer III role is an opportunity to write mission critical device, sensor and control management software for a variety of aerospace targeted products. Tethers Unlimited has launched several products and continues to expand its in-space portfolio.
Success in this role includes the ability to provide solid technical feedback to peers in a collaborative manner, is a strong and respected leader, and can adeptly make tradeoffs between money, scope and perfection. This role will provide an opportunity to influence our technical direction around critical technologies that we will be used to realize our vision of creating an in-space economy. We are looking for someone that would consider themselves a technology disrupter; able to see where the company should be in the next 5 years and can drive to get there through team collaboration and coordination.
- Develop requirements, design, and specifications for embedded system sensors and controllers.
- Research, advise and develop appropriate processing techniques for various control applications.
- Build embedded native drivers to the metal or for different RTOS systems.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to create and successfully deliver integrated products.
- Follow standard development practices for testing and validating drivers.
- C/C++ programmer with a strong Python background.
- Strong debug methodology and analytical skills and the use of debug tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters and other HW debugging equipment
- Experience in using an RTOS, such as FreeRTOS.
- Experience in soft core microprocessors and 8-bit PIC, 16-bit microcontrollers (such as MSP430), 32-bit ARM microprocessors.
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces (SATA, DDR, UART, SPI, I2C)
- Knowledge of software development process methodology from concept to delivery.
- Knowledge of software development tool chains, GIT, Jenkins, Bitbucket.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ Years industry experience working with embedded systems and low-level hardware development
- Previous experience working with Software Defined Radios (SDR), Wireless Transceivers, IoT, LTE or any other communication system is a plus.
- Experience in Xilinx FPGAs, Xilinx ISE and MicroBlaze instantiated processors and Vivado
- System design experience for space-based platforms, including analysis, design and test for mission critical software.
- Understanding of wireless communication channels and modulation schemes.
- Understanding of various networking protocols with an emphasis on the bottom 3 OSI layers.
- Electrical Engineering degree or minor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 40 lbs. May encounter prolonged periods of sitting.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE ITAR COMPLIANCE:
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States. (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa
- (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)