Building a future we can all trust.
About the Role
The OneSky AUSTRALIA Project will establish, commission and support a Civil Military Air Traffic Management System (CMATS). CMATS will replace Air Traffic Management (ATM) system components of The Australian Advanced Air Traffic System (TAAATS) operated by Airservices Australia (Airservices) and the Australian Defense Air Traffic System (ADATS) operated by the Department of Defense (Defense).
Through common operational and technical requirements, CMATS will improve safety, security, interoperability and sustainment. It will also improve efficiency, capacity and support harmonized ATM processes and procedures for collaborative flow management and dynamic flexible use of airspace.
The Verification and Validation Engineer will define and conduct tests internally, in order to confirm the system’s fitness for purpose in accordance with project objectives.
- Defining the test strategy to verify relevant requirements and confirm the system’s fitness for purpose
- Create, maintain, and trace test procedures
- Conduct verification and validation tests in accordance with the Project
- Conduct of verification and validation tests during formal testing activities with customer
- Participate in Test Procedure Reviews and Test Readiness Reviews, internally
- Recording and reporting test results
- Engineering and/or Science (Computer, SW Engineering, Aerospace) degree and or Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems experience
- Clear understanding of Verification & Validation processes [Traceability, Tests Definition, Test Conduct, Requirements management]
- Experience in life cycle of software development including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle
- Excellent communications skills including written and verbal English skills
- Knowledge in Operating System [UNIX, Linux, Windows]
Additional Desirable Experience
- Air Traffic Management domain knowledge [Operational Concept]
- Comprehensive Eurocat [X or E] product knowledge
- Knowledge in DoD standards 2167 or 1679A
- Knowledge in Verification and Validation tools [Doors]