Building a future we can all trust
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
Opportunity for a System Safety Engineer to join the Thales Underwater Systems (UWS) business unit providing systems engineering concepts, knowledge, experience and support to UWS projects. Based in Rydalmere NSW, and reporting in to the Systems and Specialty Engineering Manager, this position will employ safety engineering skills, knowledge and competencies to ensure the planning of system safety programs along with implementing the planned activities within committed cost, schedule, performance and quality expectations as part of a co-engineering team comprising internal multi-discipline, intra-group and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Planning safety activities to the project (defence) identified standards
- Safety program delivery performance monitoring
- System safety working group coordination, conduct and reporting
- Customer liaison regarding safety aspects of assigned projects
- Implementing safety activities of the system safety program
- Hazard identification and analyses
- Initial and treated risk assessment
- Control identification and assessment and recording of verified implementation
- SFARP claim determination and demonstrating acceptable safety risk management
- Hazard log establishment, maintenance and management
- Safety CDRL preparation and delivery
How About You?
- Qualifications in Software, electronics/electrical, mechanical or systems engineering degree and ability to meet the requirements for membership of IEAust.
- Strong background in safety engineering in defence environment will be highly desired
- Practical experience in MIL-STD-882 processes and principles applied to acquired and manufactured equipment and systems.
- Practical experience in managing safety activities.
- Experience in software safety integrity level assurance
- Experience in Naval Sensor Systems, Submarine Combat Systems, Submarine Sensor Systems or Combat ManagementSystems
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as JIRA, DOORS, Capella
- Knowledge of Australian Defence Contracting (ASDEFCON) requirements including data item deliverables will be highly desired
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
As part of our standard process you will complete a police, medical, employment and references.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.