In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
- Operating, maintaining, and carrying out corrective maintenance actions on flight simulators and synthetic training devices (virtual reality trainers, desktop trainers, tactical part task trainers, and marshalling virtual reality trainer).
- Supporting and rectifying minor IT issues for the local HATS ICT infrastructure.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment, and ensure equipment is in calibration.
- Maintaining records and documentation.
- Ensuring work is completed in accordance with relevant standards and processes.
- Utilising spares and carrying out repairs to ensure that the devices meet contracted availability requirements.
How About You?
- The successful candidate will have completed qualifications in Avionics, Electronics, ICT or similar fields.
- Experience in a technical workshop or maintenance environment and with simulation and synthetic projects is also highly regarded.
- In addition, you will be highly customer and team focussed.
- Must be able to work on a shift pattern that includes Early Morning, Afternoon and Late Shifts.
- Must be willing to travel to other Thales sites on an infrequent basis (2-3 times per yr) for relief manning and support, or training courses.
- Must hold a current Drivers Licence.
Good to Know
- You’ll receive an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
- As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
- Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!