Building a future we can all trust
Job ID: R0127750
Location: Rydalmere, New South Wales, Australia
Regular Employment, Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
A rare opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Avionics (AVS) Training & Simulation Business Unit in Rydalmere NSW. The main responsibility of this role is to support the Wedgetail Operational Flight Trainer (OFT) project through In Service Support (ISS). Due to the nature of the role a multidisciplinary engineering approach consisting of both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering is required. Duties will include;
- Participate in requirements elicitation, analysis and development for new proposals including those resulting from ECPs on supported systems.
- Development of mission / function description, architectural design and requirements documentation.
- Participate in the conduct of trade studies to assist with the selection of solutions and/or associated technologies.
- Development of product specifications and detailed design documentation.
- Participate in the procurement, development, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Participate in the verification and validation of solutions against established requirements.
- Undertake assigned tasks in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle; Software requirements management, software solution orientation, software design, implementation, integration and test.
- Implementation of software designs in C, C++ and/or other languages and technologies as required, utilising tools provided by a Software Development Environment.
- Provide coaching and support to junior engineers in Software Engineering to build their professional knowledge and capability.
How About You?
- Tertiary qualification in a suitable engineering discipline (e.g. Software, Mechatronics, Electrical, etc), or a related technical tertiary qualification
- Experience in the engineering lifecycle, including experience in requirements management, Design, Development, Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification of engineering solutions.
- Experience in the following languages: C, C++ and exposure to other high-level languages.
- Experience in Python, DevOps, Linux would be advantageous.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of Software Development Environments.
- Experience with, or sound understanding, of Distributed Systems and Real Time Systems.
- Experience in Virtualisation is also advantageous.
- Software or Systems engineering experience within a defence environment will be highly desirable.
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
As part of our standard process you will complete a police, medical, employment and references.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.