Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
As part of Thales Australia, Australian Munitions is the largest supplier of explosive ordnance to the Australian Defence Force, with a successful track record delivering ammunition, propellants, explosives and related services including acid production and industrial waste treatment. Our Benalla site produces ammunition, explosive ordnance and other munitions, while the Mulwala site focuses on high quality propellants, explosives and acid production, and industrial waste treatment.
We are now seeking a Production Engineer to join the team in Mulwala. The Production Engineer is responsible for the production processes within the High Explosives (H.E.) area and provision of timely technical advice as required, whilst ensuring consistent high quality.
- Assisting with the coordination of production activities
- Leading or assisting with the resolution of product quality issues and plant reliability issues
- Providing technical advice to the Production Manager, Team Leaders and technical staff on the Section as necessary
- Updating of Operating Instructions and change management documentation
- Develop and implement engineering solutions to improve processing efficiency, minimise, environmental effects, develop new products, enhance safety and product performance
- Taking an active role in the development, implementation and commissioning phases of projects
How About You?
- Tertiary qualified in a chemical or mechanical discipline and have demonstrated professional experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven trouble shooting and fault finding skills
- Good communication skills including demonstrated experience in technical report writing
- Collaborative by nature, you are able to successfully engage and influence key stakeholders
- Able to perform shift work on a rotating basis
Good to Know
- You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
- Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police check and medical.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!