Building a future we can all trust
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Do you have the ability to lead, develop and help a drive a large team to produce excellent results within a complex manufacturing/production environment? We would very much like to hear from you if you do as our Protected Vehicles (PRV) business are recruiting for a Plant Manager for our Bendigo site. The goal of PRV is to develop an organisation that provides world class Protected Vehicle solutions and through life support to our customers around the world. This will include the support and improvement of current Bushmaster and Hawkei vehicle variants and the development of new products.
About the position:
Reporting to the Director, PRV this position is responsible for overseeing the Bendigo plant activities in order to meet business objectives, including all aspects of plant performance, and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements. You will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the Bendigo site.
As the Plant Manager for our Bendigo site you will be responsible for:
- Leading the manufacturing operations site safety, and site culture to enable the Bendigo manufacturing operations to achieve the BL strategic objectives;
- Ensuring safety systems and practices target zero harm and nurture a proactive and inclusive reporting culture;
- Providing effective leadership of an industrial site (Bendigo), ensuring effective communication strategies are in place for increasing staff engagement and an inclusive culture;
- Ensuring effective customer management with regards to programme delivery management and supporting sales and growth of business;
- Helping to prioritise key focus areas for staff and setting team/site objectives;
- Interfacing with the rest of the PRV segment, balancing resources/priorities and also interfacing with rest of business (VTS and Country as needed)
- Continual improvement to the Thales HSE systems, processes and practices are implemented and that the workplace is safe for all employees, contractors and visitors.This extends to implementation of the tools and training for hazard identification and formal risk assessment for all explosives and other hazardous operations to minimise risks in line with our policies and processes.
- Ensures the facility is equipped to deliver products/services to internal and external customers in line with the level and quality defined contractually and within profitability targets, seeking to increase customer responsiveness.
- Ensures products and services delivered to customers meet their requirements and comply with applicable requirements, standards and regulations (health, environment, airworthiness etc) while maximising IFO.
- Ensures all aspects of manufacturing operations (from receipt of order and production plan, through manufacturing, assembly, integration, testing and acceptance to available for shipping / delivery) for the complex product lines and ensures they are delivered, in line with cost, quality and with improved customer service.
- Lead the cultural transformation of the site in alignment with Thales Strategic pillars and Thales
- Leadership Model including the enhancement of leadership capability.
- Nurturing a Continuous Improvement culture and program within the business, to ensure effective issue management and governance of business processes, including LEAN
- In consultation with the Quality function, ensuring systems and processes are embedded in the business, to report, monitor and resolve quality issues including customer complaints
- Developing key performance indicators across the business including establishing a report and scorecard process to assess performance, delivery time and quality of services in relation to contractual commitments and SLA’s.
Key Knowledge and experiences required:
- Tertiary qualifications in business or engineering and/or relevant experience
- Leadership of a medium sized business/business segment in a complex manufacturing/production environment
- A solid background in the management and execution of complex projects, preferably within Defence or Automotive
- Heightened sense of self awareness, and exceptional emotional intelligence
- An ability to nurture talent and identify career opportunities for staff within the business
- An ability to engage with various and diverse customer groups, to achieve outcomes for the business.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business management skills – proven ability to coordinate complex tasks and meet deadlines, experience in project planning and earned value techniques.
- Governance skills in business operations including project and finance to manage risks and identify opportunities
Knowledge and experience in quality management systems, quality assurance and control.Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.