Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Systems Integration Engineer to work as part of a team to support the Integration, Verification, Validation and Acceptance (IVVA) for the OneSKY Air Traffic Management Systems. This role may be of particular interest to someone interested in Air Traffic Management (ATM) and mission critical systems.
- Maintain and update the existing adaptations to the generic engineering environment – Orchestra Suite
- Maintain and improve the KPI development environment and adapt the KPI templates according to IVVA department need
- Improve the existing Engineering Environment adaptations on IVVA team request, create or modify scripts
- Support the team for the use and administration of Engineering Environment tools
- To create and maintain the documentation and training material of IVVA Orchestra suite adaptations,
- Create and maintain the documentation of KPI development environment and the templates
- Liaise with Global AMS Engineering, Infrastructure, Process and Tools team
How About You?
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Experience in performing systems integration of real time and distributed software-based systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation or related industries
- Software development knowledge (E.g. Python, shell scripts, Java, C++) and use of configuration and data management tools (E.g. Jenkins, GIT, JIRA, SVN)
- Knowledge of Django web development, Python, HTML, JS, CSS (Web development to host the KPIs)
- Good knowledge of SQL (Oracle data warehouse), XML, VB, DXL scripting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Systems or Software Engineering
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!