Building a future we can all trust
Thales is a global system supplier of interlocking technology, train control technology, operations control centers, automatic warning systems and field elements.
As part of the Engineering Team you will drive a full stack generic digital platform and assist application development teams to integrate business specific applications.
- Lead the DevOps team in a highly available and safety-related environment
- Define, establish and improve our IT & Operational Strategy
- Establish development and optimization of an on-premise full stack generic platform for railway products with focus on high availability, reliability, safety and security
- Support development teams in cloud native application development and deployment
- Setup and maintain build, release and deployment pipelines (CI/CD)
- Design and implement a robust diagnostics and monitoring system (hardware and software)
- Collaboration in a distributed agile team
- Technical Degree preferably in Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Practical DevOps and Infrastructure experience and agile mindset
- Able to lead a team of ~5 highly motivated and skilled engineers
- Ca. 5 years of technical expertise in different areas like
- Cloud and virtualization technologies (KVM, OpenStack, AWS EC2, VMware vSphere and similar)
- Container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes …)
- Scripting of automation processes around CI/CD (Jenkins, Groovy, Python, Bash, Ruby, …)
- Linux administration experience (Ubuntu, RedHat, …)
- Developer knowledge (12 Factor Apps, Spring Boot, …)
- Monitoring and log collection solutions (Prometheus, Elk, Nagios, …)
- Fluency in English and a good level of German
- Innovative, adaptable and customer-oriented team player
- Challenging, innovative, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with generous home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- Support for further education and development
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 52.220 g.p.a (IT KV). Actual compensation is based on experience and qualification. A significant overpayment is expected and common practice.