Building a future we can all trust
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
- Review requirement specifications
- Creation of the software design
- Object and service-oriented design and implementation based on the requirement and interface specification
- Analysis of software components
- Creation of scripts for test execution, automation and simulation
- Execution of tests (unit, module, regression, product and system test) and their documentation
- Completed studies (e.g. specializing in electrical engineering or computer science) or many years of professional experience in software development
- Very good development skills in C/C++,
- Experience in object-oriented software development in the Linux environment
- Knowledge of one or more of the following tools would be beneficial:Qt, HTML5 or first knowledge of visualization
- Interface experience with ReST
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB)
- Version control in Git
- A long-term, challenging role in a global group
- Excellent accessibility by public transport, flexible working hours with a generous home office policy with a flat rate, on-site canteen with a company subsidy and an annual ticket for Wiener Linien
an attractive salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- The minimum salary according to KV is EUR 36,000 gross/year, there is a willingness to make significant overpayments and this is common practice .