Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
Thales is a global system supplier of interlocking technology, train control technology, operations control centers, automatic warning systems and field elements.
As part of the DevOps Team you will contribute to the design and development of a full stack generic digital platform. You have to setup a smooth installation of our products to ensure a highly available system with hundreds of clients to guarantee a safe and frictionless travel of millions of train passengers.
- Lead Definition of system configuration including the related network infrastructure
- Understanding of the system and its components, detect and diagnose the root cause of problems in interworking of the system components
- Analysis and optimization of our middleware (ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, …)
- Define and ensure an automated and frictionless upgrade (but also downgrade) of our system as base for our regular releases
- Setup and scripting of installation, up-/downgrade, maintenance and diagnosis
- Analysis and evaluation of all kind of failure scenarios (hardware, network, software) and the impact of the system reliability incl. conceptual design of counteractions
- Maintenance of our test systems (HW/SW installation, configuration, scripting, …) to ensure a smooth delivery with identical parameters to production
- Close cooperation with development, quality, operations
- Technical Degree preferably in Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
Ca 3+ years of relevant experience and technical expertise in the area of Java, Linux, Application
- Server, HA-Cluster, Docker, ActiveMQ, PostgreSQL, Oracle, network setup or similar
“Design for Testability” and “Security by Design” are not just buzz words for you
- Able to define the technical big picture but also able to communicate it
- Experience in agile methodology is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and a good level of German
- Innovative, adaptive and customer-oriented team player
- Challenging, innovative, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with generous home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- Support for further education and development
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 3.190 g.p.m (IT KV). Actual compensation is based on experience and qualification. A significant overpayment is expected and common practice.