In rapidly changing markets, customers around the world trust Thales. Thales is a company where the brightest people around the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In all sectors where Thales operates, including aerospace, transport, defence, security and space, our teams of architects design innovative solutions that make tomorrow possible today.
The Avionics office located on avenue Marie-Curie in Montreal is the Thales Group’s competence center for electric flight controls for business and regional transport aircraft. The team designs and integrates avionics suites, electric flight control systems, satellite communications systems and other innovative concepts for the business jet and regional transport markets.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
The Avionics office in Marie-Curie, Montreal is Thales Group’s Centre of Competence for business and regional jet flight control systems is located at our Montreal – Marie Curie office. The team designs and integrates avionics suites, fly-by-wire flight control systems, SATCOM systems and other innovative concepts for the regional and business aircraft markets.
The system specialist will participate in the design, integration, verification and validation of simple and complex functionalities of electrical flight control systems for regional and business aircraft as well as in the field of drones and urban taxis . He must ensure that the systems meet their functional, performance and certification requirements.
- In support of the main architect, participates in the design of the architecture of the flight control system that meets the needs of the customer in the definition & preliminary design phase
- Formalizes the description of the functions and the flight control architecture through customer requirements or the project’s system architect.
- Formalizes the specifications and interface documents used to develop the solution / product and ensures the design and development of the elements of the solution.
- Participates in the development and modeling of the flight control system
- Participates in the definition and implementation of Integration, Verification & Validation activities of the Solution
- May be called upon to carry out integration activities for our new products with our customers.
- Develops product data ready to ship for production and support.
- Undergraduate university degree in electrical engineering or aeronautical engineering;
- 3 years of professional experience in aeronautics;
- A good knowledge of Simulink and “Model- Based ” development is an asset;
- Experience in the field of simulation, design and certification of equipment or systems for aeronautics;
- Knowledge of flight control systems or other critical on-board control systems;
- Knowledge of the working methods of the aeronautical environment in the development and certification of systems (ARP4754a) is an asset ;
- Ability to work in a team, and with customers and suppliers;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work independently and learn quickly;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingual French / English.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Thales is committed to implementing adaptation measures throughout the recruitment process. Applicants selected for an interview and requiring accommodations are requested to make this known in the interview invitation; our team will gladly work with each candidate to meet their unique needs. All accommodation information will be treated confidentially and used only for the purpose of providing a suitable candidate experience.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.