In Aerospace, governments, airports, airlines, pilots, crews and passengers rely on Thales to make flight safer, easier and more efficient. We do this by designing, delivering and supporting the systems that keep our skies running. From air traffic management, training and simulation solutions, nose-to-tail aircraft connectivity and in-flight services, we enable and connect all parts of the aerospace ecosystem in the air, on the ground, and in between.
With a laboratory supporting more than 10 different projects, comprising 3 independent hydraulic networks, the candidate will ensure the maintenance in operational condition of the test means, will support the update and the development of test means as well as the support and devermination of HW card.
Core functions / main areas of responsibility
The laboratory technician is responsible for the maintenance of laboratories and equipment. This includes :
- Periodic calibration of equipment and test benches;
- Maintenance of hydraulic networks;
- Troubleshooting problems on electronic boards and wiring;
- The execution of ATP of electronic boards for critical computers
- Modification of electronic card (Soldering, proposal for wired re-routing)
- Management of the maintenance workshop and organization of measurement equipment;
- Management of subcontracted maintenance.
- The site’s ESD rules instructions
During developments, the laboratory technician is also responsible for:
- Produce technical drawings for the manufacture of test bench components;
- Assemble, integrate and test the new test benches.
The laboratory technician represents the R&D department within the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) committee.
The main challenges of the laboratory technician will be:
- Ensure that laboratories and their equipment are always safe and in operational conditions;
- Isolate interconnection problems inside complex wiring;
- Ensure subcontracted components arrive on time and in line with specifications.
Ensure the success of ISO 14001 audits ; OHSAS 18001 and AS9100.
Minimum requirements: skills, experience, training, technical / specialist knowledge, certifications, languages
- College diploma in electrical or electronic engineering
- College diploma in avionics or aerospace engineering
- More than 5 years of experience
- Good communication
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of Autocad (2D)
- Experience with CREO (formerly Pro-Engineer) is an asset
- Experience with NI LabVIEW is an asset
- Experience with interconnection design
- PCB design experience
- Experience with hydraulic systems is an asset
- Experience with the management of hazardous materials is an asset
Regulatory and Compliance Requirements
This position requires direct or indirect access to computer hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the Canadian Export Control List of Goods and Technology or under the United States Export Administration Regulations (EAR) . All applicants must be eligible for such access or able to obtain authorization for such access.
Specific job requirements
The above information has been provided as an example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job category. Management reserves the right to add, modify or cancel the duties assigned to this position with or without notice. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform essential job duties.
Thales is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Thales is committed to implementing adaptation measures throughout the recruitment process. Candidates selected for an interview and requiring accommodation are asked to state this when inviting the interview; our team will gladly work with each candidate to meet their specific needs. All accommodation information will be treated confidentially and used only for the purpose of providing a suitable candidate experience.Thales is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.