Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Thales data protection solutions are at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Within this business line, the Cybersecurity Professional Services Consultant is responsible for deploying and implementing our data protection solutions and our identity and access management solutions in customer enterprise environments. In this position, the consultant has a central role in the organization, generating revenue in coordination with sales, interfacing with the customer, AND coordinating with R&D and product management to enhance and optimize the solution to meet customer’s needs.
This is a highly hands-on and technical role with extensive customer facing responsibilities. The individual will work with cross functional teams at customer sites focusing mainly on IT security, encryption and key management, to install and configure our data protection products.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base and new products. Service oriented. Business driven. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment and able to handle multiple priorities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assisting engagement specialist to scope complex Thales products’ deployment.
- Set up conference calls with customers to review deployment plans, pre-requisites and best practices
- Provide onsite or remote consulting services and support to Thales customer with a focus on high quality, accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Record project activities in the department project management application
- Develop and deliver technical hands-on product deep knowledge transfer to customers
- Track and ensure successful completion of high impact projects by creating project scoping plans, design guides and relevant documentation
- Function as technical point of contact for customer deployments and as a mentor for other team members
- Delivery of customer engagement in the area of HSM, CipherTrust, SafeNet Trusted Access, and/or PKI
- Design – Role, Policies and Procedures
- Documentation and hands on deployment including hardware security modules
- Provide training and knowledge transfer
- Provide strong product and professional services solution presentation to difference audiences, internal and external.
- B.A./B.S. degree required (preferably Computer Science, Information Services or a related field).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5+ years of experience in software security consulting, customer facing as a consultant, trainer or sales engineer.
- 2+ years of experience in Enterprise PKI Engineering
- 2+ years of encryption, key management and hardware security modules (HSM) experience
- Experience in onsite and remote projects delivery model.
- Knowledge of Authentication and Identity management solutions
- Experience Two Factor Authentication Using one time passcode
- Experience Understanding of RADIUS authentication
- Experience of SAML Authentication- Identity Provider – Service Provider
- Experience of traditional user directories, AD, Sun Directory, etc.
- Experience of LDAP Configuration, deployment and consumption of services
- Strong experience of ADFS
- Knowledge & background in Cryptography and Security, including PKI, digital signature, encryption, certificates, HSM and cryptographic APIs (PKCS#11, OpenSSL,…)
- Experience in Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
- Experience in networking principles and protocols
- Experience in database administration (mainly Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, DB2, and/or Informix)
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration.
- Comfortable with shell scripting, Linux file systems.
- Experience with SE Linux a plus.
- High energy, flexible, pro-active and excellent resistance to stress
- Verbal and no verbal communication, listening:
- Ability to present solutions, rather than problems
- Ability to express complex ideas in a manner befitting the audience.
- Negotiation: A strong “can do” attitude. Willing to accommodate and innovate to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Problem solving
- Experience with Windows server administration.
- Comfortable with Active Directory, power shell, NTFS administration and group policy administration.
- Experience with virtualization – VMWare, Xen, KVM and/or Docker a key skill
- Experienced with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare)
- Experience with firewalls and routing tables. Cisco experience a plus.
- Understanding of the principles of both cloud technologies and on-prem application security, including public key infrastructures
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!