Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
WHO ARE WE ?
The Defense Mission Systems business provides equipment, solutions and services related to electronic combat systems, surveillance and reconnaissance, naval combat, surface and underwater warfare.
From development to integration, including repair and maintenance in operational condition, the Brest site covers the entire life cycle of maritime patrol and surveillance systems and equipment, naval, airborne and land electronic warfare as well as sonar systems for mine hunters and acoustic products for airborne submarine warfare (wet sonar and buoy treatment systems).
The “Sonar Software For Product” Department of the submarine systems activities is looking for an Aero Software Manager (M / F)
Based in Brest.
WHO ARE YOU ?
- Do you have experience in software management and have you had to manage relatively large budgets (~ 1 M €)?
- Do you have recognized leadership skills to motivate and energize a software development team (1 to 10 people depending on the project)?
- Do you know how to show humility and are able to invest yourself with the teams?
- Have you experienced Agile development methods and product line type development ?
- Does your technical culture assure you a good operational mastery of software engineering practices and tools?
- The rigor and analytical mind are qualities that characterize you?
Do you recognize yourself? So take a look at the rest!
WHAT WE CAN ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER:
The Sonar Software for Products (SSP) department of the Airborne Sonars and Mine Warfare sector is responsible for the development of software products for activities covering airborne anti-submarine sonar and Mine Warfare systems.
The department is in charge of mastering the techniques, technologies and methodologies of the software. In this context, its expertise is applied to real time embedded software and distributed software. The department is also in charge of the development of Ground Centers associated with Anti-Submarine and Mine Warfare systems.
Your role as Batch Manager and Software Engineering Manager leads you to complete the following missions:
- Build development plans in coordination with the team leader and the Program Managers of the businesses concerned,
- Manage and coordinate the software teams (internal and subcontractors) in order to keep the commitments made (planning, cost and needs), with the best possible productivity,
- Be responsible for the SW baseline of the batch and participate in the drafting of documents,
- Be responsible for the financial commitment on the software part,
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting of these activities with a dashboard containing performance measurement metrics for the software activity and an analysis of risks and opportunities with a follow-up action plan.