WHO ARE WE ?
Thales offers secure and interoperable information and communication systems for armed forces, security forces and operators of vital importance. These activities, which bring together radiocommunications, networks, protection systems, critical information systems and cybersecurity, meet the needs of markets where the use of new digital technologies is decisive. Thales operates throughout the value chain, from equipment to systems, including logistical support and related services.
The Gennevilliers site is the heart of the design, development and support activities for Army radiocommunications products and solutions, resilient infrastructure network systems and satellite communications, as well as cybersecurity solutions.
Faced with the rise of cybercrime targeting citizens or governments, encouraged by the increasing complexity of systems and networks, the Information Technology Security (ITS) sector develops and supports high-level security solutions for the information and communication systems of governments, critical infrastructure operators, businesses and the financial industry.
As part of the GALILEO (European System of Geolocation by Satellite) program , Thales is particularly active in the overall security of the system with the aim of protecting it from possible attacks (jamming, decoy, theft, cyberattack).
In close collaboration with the ESA (European Space Agency), the European Commission and the GSA (European GNSS Agency), Thales defines, manages and controls the security of the Galileo system through its security engineering activities in terms of the design of architecture, accreditation and qualification. Thales also provides design and production of cybersecurity solutions, including high-level security equipment (probes, encryption equipment, Control Center (SOC) or even Security Supervisor).
To support our development and strengthen our team of Engineers and Security Experts, we are looking for a Space Cybersecurity System Engineer, for the GALILEO Satellite program.
The position is based in Gennevilliers (92) , with trips to Europe.
WHO ARE YOU ?
- Do you have a computer engineering or network telecom training (or equivalent) with a specialty in Cybersecurity?
- Are you attracted by cybersecurity and passionate about the Space sector (Space Telecommunications, Navigation, Observation Systems)?
- Do you know the security architecture of IS (network, security solutions, protocols and cryptography) and SOCs?
- Are you looking to participate in a strategic project for the European Union and in a buoyant, multicultural environment at the heart of current events?
- Do you have good writing and synthesis skills (in French as well as in English) and your English is operational?
- Do you like working in a team and interacting and discussing with the different professions?
- If you are known for your rigor, sense of organization, your ability to share your knowledge, your adaptability and your autonomy …
WHAT WE CAN ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER:
You join a cybersecurity team already in place (shared between Gennevilliers, the GSA site in Prague and the ESA site in the Netherlands), in an international environment. On your arrival, you will follow a space-oriented training.
Your main missions:
- Participate in the declination of customer requirements in functional specifications and interfaces for the development of the solution
- Allocate requirements to different components of the solution
- Participate in the definition of the architecture under the leadership of the Security Architect
- Conduct technical analyzes to validate Security choices with the support of Security Expertise teams
- Monitor the development of the solution to confirm the correct implementation of Security requirements
- Contribute to System Engineering documentation for customer reviews
- Support ESA and GSA in technical discussions with the various stakeholders on the Galileo system (ESA, GSA, European Commission, Manufacturers) to validate technical feasibility.
- Maintain a security watch
Does the prospect of joining an innovative Group motivate you?
So join us by applying for this job.
Job ID: R0102719
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales and create the world of tomorrow, today.