Thales Alenia Space - A globally recognized space player in the fields of telecommunications, navigation, earth observation, exploration and construction of orbital infrastructures, Thales Alenia Space is a Joint Venture between Thales groups (67% ) and Leonardo (33%).
We are looking for an Alternant in Simulation of image processing chain.
WHO ARE YOU ?
- Are you joining an engineering school or equivalent and are you looking for a 3-year work-study program?
- Do you have skills in IT Development and Systems Understanding and Analysis?
- Do you demonstrate autonomy, research capacity and ease in communication?
- A first experience in the Space observation field would be a plus.
- Do you speak English?
Then this post is made for you!
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER:
This alternation is part of software development for the ground image segments of the Earth Observation domain.
For the MTG (Meteosat Third Generation) project, Thales Alenia Space is developing the image processing chain for the FCI instrument. This development requires the implementation of highly distributed calculations to ensure the availability of images.
In order to best predict the sizing of the infrastructure, we are developing simulators representative of the image processing chain.
By joining us, you will be entrusted with the following missions:
- The goal will be to develop an image processing chain simulator. This simulator should simulate the deployment and execution of this chain in an HPC or cloud environment (K8S) in order to best size the resources allocated to each element of the chain to:
- maximize the use of infrastructure
- maximize the parallelization of the different elements
- minimize the processing time of an image
- identify bottlenecks
- The infrastructure can be seen as a set of resources (CPU, RAM) allowing to execute elements of the chain. Each element has a beginning, an end and resources (CPU and RAM). If there is space on the infrastructure the element can be launched otherwise it is put on hold.
- The stages to be carried out are:
- Appropriation of the profession
- Implementation of the development and configuration management environment
- Design, development and test of the simulator and the analysis and presentation tools of the results
- Test automation
- Integration and continuous deployment
- Associated documentation
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales and create the world of tomorrow, today.