Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales’ Enterprise & Cybersecurity division creates some of the worlds’ best and most innovative Identity and Data Protection products. The Pre-Sales Consultant works closely with the regional Sales teams to transform customer requirements into real-world solutions using the products, skill and expertise within Thales’s team.
The Senior Pre-Sales Consultant is a customer-facing role providing Pre-Sales assistance on Identity, Authentication and Access Management, Key Management, Hardware Security Modules, Encryption technologies to partners and customers using our market-leading IAM and Data Protection portfolio.
- 5+ year experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in a Pre-Sales/SE capacity related to Information Security or an associated field
- Technically hands-on with skills in problem solving, development and architecture design
- Experience in presenting to large audiences either in person or virtually to both management (C-level) and technical personnel (developers, IT teams, etc.)
- Experience authoring product-focused technical documents such as test reports, technical docs, RFIs, RFPs, etc.
- Technical degree (Comp Science/Engineering IS, Math or similar) or equivalent work experience
- Fluent written and spoken English are a necessity. Proficiency with multiple CEE local languages (foremost Croatian or Serbian) is a plus
- Awareness of Cryptography & Security; PKI, digital signatures, certificates, TLS, encryption and hashing techniques, ideally knowledge of APIs such as PKCS #11, Microsoft CSP/CNG, OpenSSL, Java JCA/JCE
- Experience with Identity Protection, Authentication solutions, Smartcards, or other Identity Management and Security products and solutions (Access management, single sign-on, identity federation, Multi factor authentication)
- Familiarity with Windows Server administration, Active Directory, Remote Access, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Microsoft Certificate Services, Active Directory Federation Services or other Federation Services
- Experience of some of the following relevant technologies; Encryption, Data Protection Solutions, HSMs, Cloud & Virtualization (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Understanding of Key Management and Key Protection concepts both on-premises and within cloud environments
- Experience with scripting and/or software development on both Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with network security-as-a-service in some form would be a plus (any one or more of software defined perimeter, software defined networks, software defined WANs, SASE-secure access service edge)
We are looking for someone enthusiastic and ambitious to join our Pre-Sales team to work across our Access Management and Data Protection portfolio. In this position you’ll be working closely with the CEE sales team to respond to partner and customer needs for our solutions. The job is half about the soft skills and half about the technical skills; so you’ll need to have experience on both sides. You’ll be presenting our solutions, getting hands-on as well as responding to written enquiries such as RFIs and RFPs.
Identity, Access Management, Encryption and Cryptography underpin everything that we do and so the more you understand about that, the better. Any experience in the wider field of data protection and cyber security is a big benefit, but not necessarily mandatory. We’re more than happy to help you to get familiar with our products and provide you with all the knowledge that you need for your day to day work.
You’ll work closely with our prospects to gather information on their use-case, application environment and data flows in order to fully understand their needs. Once discovery is complete you will be actively involved in the Proof of Concept phase of the sales engagement. Often, we provide configuration assistance or customization and so you’ll need to be technically strong and hands-on.
We interface with hundreds of 3rd-party applications and solutions and you will undoubtedly come across many applications, integrations, features and APIs which aren’t familiar. This is both the excitement and the challenge of this position – the role suits someone who is keen to learn and interested in technology; the ability and desire to ‘learn something new’ will really help.
The position is based in Hungary, Budapest office. We expect, once travel is safe and permitted, that you’d be travelling approximately 50% of the time, but it will vary; some weeks more, some weeks less.
If you think that you are a perfect fit, or even if you think that you’re close but will strive to fill the gaps, please do get in touch. We’d be very happy to share more details of the company, of the fantastic opportunity and information about the team. We are immensely proud of all three and we’d love to find our next star.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!