SENIOR ENGINEER – Thermal Analysis
A Joint Venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), Thales Alenia Space is a global space manufacturer delivering, for more than 40 years, high-tech solutions for telecommunications, navigation, Earth Observation, environmental management, exploration, science and orbital infrastructures. Thanks to our diversity of skills, talents and cultures, our customers (governments, institutions, space agencies, telecommunications operators), therefore have Space to Connect, Secure & Defend, Observe & Protect, Explore, Travel & Navigate.
Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales India Engineering Competency Center is seeking a Thermal Analysis Engineer to be part of its Hardware engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for the Thermal analysis and associated engineering activities of various Thales products and accessories compliant to the customer requirements and applicable industry standards (MIL-810, DO-160 etc.).
BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical engineering or Mechanical Design with minimum 6 years of relevant experience. Experience in Defense/Avionics/Aerospace systems design is desirable.
- Hands on experience: Successfully executed more than one project and currently working in the relevant area.
- Good Knowledge: Gained through theoretical study and / or extensive hands on experience successfully executing multiple types of projects
- Good communication skill and team collaboration attitude.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to learn and share knowledge.
- Hands on experience in the following:
- Thermal Analysis (Conduction, Convection, Radiation heat transfer modes) of
- Heavy equipment’s (Example: Aircraft structures, Satellite structures, naval structures, objects of similar working dynamics and complexity.)
- Electronics equipment’s (Airborne, Ground based, Naval, Satellite, Etc.) is an added advantage Tool: Nx-TMG (SIEMENS – MAYA), ANSYS ICE PAK.
- Technical report writing (To generate analysis reports).
- Good knowledge in the following
- Analysis Process steps, Input definitions (Boundary condition) and Outputs.
- Thermal Analysis fundamentals.
- MIL-810 and / or DO-160 or similar Environmental conditions and test procedures.
- The candidate shall own and successfully execute on time WITH MINIMUM SUPPORT, the listed (not limited to) analysis and allied activities.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to evaluate the product / sub system / item through suitable analysis.
- Identify potential design issues and recommend possible mitigations.
- Generate and deliver analysis reports with adequate level of information. Derive and manage activities estimation and schedule.
- Comply with applicable organization specific product design and development processes.
- Contribute to necessary project reviews (PDR: preliminary design review, CDR: Critical design review, etc.)
- Manage Analysis data efficiently (Lean, Non-duplicate and traceable).
At Thales Alenia Space we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales Alenia Space employing around 8,900 employees in 10 countries with 17 sites in Europe and a plant in the US, our mobility policy enables employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad. Thales Alenia Space sees space as a new horizon, helping to build a better, more sustainable life on Earth #SpaceForLife. Great journeys start here, apply now!