Senior/Lead Engineer – Java
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
- You will participate in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, architectural design, or detailed design tasks.
- You will operate independently to contribute to the development of new approaches and techniques.
- You will participate in short term planning of engineering projects and programs.
- You will execute development tasks on projects and will test to guarantee the technical quality of the solution and handle security vulnerabilities.
- You will gather and analyze customer requirements.
- You will be responsible for the analysis and determination of overall software design tradeoffs on a project.
- You will be responsible for conducting, leading, and coordinating software development activities.
- You will define and ensure the best solutions architecture and design in working with the development team and project manager.
- You will streamline integration across projects, including task definitions, decomposition, and planning to ensure alignment of Thales best practices.
- Contribute innovative ideas for technical improvements and business opportunities.
- Be updated with industry trends, IT ops, and industry best practices, and be able to identify the ones we should implement.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Strong hands-on development skills using Java/J2EE.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS, GCP
- Must have hands-on experience in defining the architecture blueprints along with techniques to validate the design
- Strong experience in detailed design and implementing applications using Java / J2EE, JDK 8+, REST Webservices, PostgreSQL, Angular JS, Shell scripting.
- Strong experience in designing Micro Services based architecture along with application containerization through Docker or any equivalent
- Should have good experience with product-based development and should be able to define/articulate the NFRs (non-functional requirements)
- Strong knowledge of data structure, algorithms, and coding.
- Strong hands-on experience in RESTful/SOAP Web Services/GRPC/OpenAPI
- Strong development experience in Multi-threading.
- Having exposure to system/solution designing skills.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc
Thales is a global organization with operations on all continents serving five major markets, all of them of vital importance for our societies: aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security.
From the bottom of the ocean to the depth of space and cyberspace, Thales provides a unique range of technologies and services that make tomorrow possible, today.
What We Do
Whenever a critical decision needs to be made, Thales has a role to play. Our solutions help customers to make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly in challenging environments.
To help create a safer world, we serve five keys sectors:
- Ground Transportation
- Digital Identity and Security
- Defence and Security
World-class technology, the combined expertise of 80,000 employees and operations in 68 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe.
We are proud of the role we play in a world that is increasingly mobile, interconnected, interdependent and dangerous.
- At Thales, we provide Careers and not only jobs. Our Mobility policy, which enables our employees to develop their careers by exploring opportunities in our offices across 68 countries.
- Together we believe that embracing flexibility by adopting a smarter way of working.
- Employee Wellbeing is Thales top priority, and we provide best in class policies like Health & Life insurances.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to provide comprehensive cybersecurity to the world’s largest, and most demanding organizations? Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. We provide solutions for defense, critical infrastructure, and telecommunication operators, industrial and financial companies. We provide best in class security practices in consulting, professional services, design, implementation, and other security services.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!