Senior/Lead Engineer – Mixed Signal
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
Thales is a global organization with operations on all continents serving five major markets, all of them of vital importance for our societies: aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security. World-class technology, the combined expertise of 80,000 employees and operations in 68 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe. Thales is a global high technology leader investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum technology – to build a future we can all trust, which is vital to the development of our societies.
• At Thales, we provide Careers and not only jobs. Our Mobility policy, which enables our employees to develop their careers by exploring opportunities in our offices across 68 countries.
• Together we believe that embracing flexibility by adopting a smarter way of working.
• Employee Wellbeing is Thales top priority, and we provide best in class policies like Health & Life insurances.
To know more about Thales, please visit https://www.thalesgroup.com/en
Senior/Lead Engineer – Mixed Signal
Thales India Engineering Competency Center is seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to be part of its Hardware engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for generating reliable, cost effective, customized Electronics systems design, Obsolescence redesign for avionics/medical products to meet the customer requirements as well as governing regulatory standards (DO-160/DO-254/MIL-STD/ IEC60601 etc.). You also perform trade analysis of design approaches, engineering simulations & modeling, derating analysis before finalizing the design.
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Must have strong experience in low noise design (power supply/analog) and mixed signal Electronic Design.
- Must have strong experience in full Product design (Requirements Conceptual design Architectural design Detailed design and analysis Design verification / validation) and development life cycle.
- Must have strong experience in designing low to high power analog electronic boards (for example, power supply, signal processing etc.) for avionics Industry.
- Must have strong experience in using design tools (Cadence, Allegro)
- Must have strong knowledge of using simulation tools (SPICE, ANSYS etc) for functional simulation, signal integrity and power integrity analysis
- Must have experience in high-speed design clocking, Ethernet/SerDes/SFPDP communication.
- Must have working experience in product performance evaluation (Hardware Verification) and product qualification for DO-160/DO-254 standards
- Must have experience in Electrical / Electronic board troubleshooting and mitigation.
- Should have experience of working with multi-disciplinary team
- Should have an understanding and use of DFMEA, DFT and DFM tools
- Design for environmental requirements including EMC
- Definition and components (including derating)
- Definition of electrical schematics and building blocks
- Manufacturing failures analysis / Root cause analysis
- Test procedures definition and execution
- Component obsolescence treatment: alternative solution identification, definition/design of the solution, verification.
The candidate shall own and successfully execute on time WITH MINIMUM SUPPORT, the listed (not limited to) electronics design and allied activities.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design and/or realize the product.
- Ensure compliance to
DFM (Design for Manufacturing), DFA (Design for assembly), DFT (Design for Testing)
- Environmental considerations
- EMI (Electromagnetic interference) / EMC (Electromagnetic compatibility) considerations, Etc.
- Generate and manage the electronics design data.
- Perform necessary design simulations using applicable Tools.
- Perform design trouble shooting, failure analysis and derive mitigation.
- Define and execute design verification and validation.
- Derive and manage activities estimation and schedule.
- Comply with applicable organization specific product design and development processes.
- Contribute to necessary project reviews (PDR: preliminary design review, CDR: Critical design review, etc.)
- Collaborate with Suppliers / Manufacturers for successful design and manufacturing.
Qualifications : B.Tech in Electronics & Communication or related engineering discipline with 5-10 years of relevant experience.
Working experience in Defense\military\Aerospace products development is desirable.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!