Building a future we can all trust
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
- Work on well-defined projects with minimal supervision. Work effectively with peers and senior members of the development and test team.
- Write and execute functional, performance, scalability test cases to validate that feature implementation meets the product management and customer requirement.
- Automate the manual test cases to the most achievable level to reduce manual efforts and increase product stability.
- Maintain, customize and test features (based on Hadoop and CentOS) and improve its performance
- Preparation of test strategy, test plan, and test execution to ensure feature testing is completed well within the committed timelines.
- Follow the continue-integration approach to be aligned with the products DevOps process.
- Work on the customer-reported issues by support teams to reproduce in the development environment and perform debugging to identify the root cause of the issue.
- Use test-driven methodologies and automation in the design and development phase to ensure quality before hand-off to Quality Assurance.
- Work closely with other developers and product management to evaluate testing efforts for new feature requests.
- Keep up-to-date and flexible with technologies in the fields of client-server development, security, technology frameworks, and infrastructure
- Contribute to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives. Accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipate issues and addresses proactively
- Maintain a learning curve, so that you can advance in your career. Identify areas of improvement within the product and propose solutions.
- Demonstrate good judgment in making test strategies. Ability to work on a diverse set of problems and provide input that influences technical decisions.
A week in life:
- You need to be agile. You will actively work on products you will be part of. Irrespective of technology, you need to solve problems.
- You will write test cases for various types of testing to perform 360-degree testing.
- You will be responsible for automating all types of manual test cases to reduce the manual efforts.
- You will manage test code and be proud of your code and take full responsibility for your approach.
- You need to improve our test execution and planning consistently to make them robust and more customer-friendly.
- You will follow the DevOps processes to implement continuous integration of all the test phases.
- You will operate independently to contribute to the development of new approaches and techniques.
- You will participate in short term planning of engineering projects and programs.
- You will be responsible for participating in the analysis and determination of overall software design trade-offs on a project.
- You will be required to ensure the company’s products remain marketable and competitive.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Postgraduate or graduate in a computer discipline (e.g. M. Tech. / ME / B. Tech. / BE).
- Strong hands-on in Java/Python with good knowledge of data structures and design patterns.
- Knowledge of Selenium and REST APIs is required.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data concepts.
- A tech-savvy who loves to solve critical coding problems and challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Process and Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, worked on tools like JIRA, GIT, Maven/Gradle, Junit.
- Passionate about evaluating different System Testing scenarios as part of product workflow.
- Should have knowledge about Quality Governance and the processes involved in End to End Delivery with knowledge of Test Management tools like JIRA.
- Should be aware of various testing levels and approaches.
- General skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace