Senior/Lead Engineer – DevOps
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
- Work on well-defined projects with minimal supervision. Work effectively with peers and senior members of the development and test team.
- Follow DevOps best practices at par with industry standards
- Follow the continuous delivery (CD) approach to align the products to DevOps processes
- Suggest methods to improve and implement CI for various products and processes
- Maintain the CI infra like Jenkins, Teamcity, and their build agents or slaves
- Maintain the servers for security audit and implement its usage for products
- Automate the process for configuration management and application deployment using Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues in CI processes
- Deploy software package updates as required in DevOps Infra
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes
- Work closely with other developers and product management to evaluate efforts for new CICD requests
- Be accountable for the delivery of a subsystem, anticipate issues, and address them proactively
- Ability to work on a diverse set of problems and provide input with examples that influences technical decisions
- Be updated with industry trends, IT ops, and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement
- Keep up-to-date and flexible with technologies in the fields of client-server development, security, technology frameworks, and infrastructure
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in software development or testing with 2+ years in DevOps (or similar role)
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS, GCP
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Batch, Shell-scripting, PowerShell
- Understanding of database fundamentals, working experience on PostgreSQL will be an added advantage
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services like AWS, GCP or Azure, etc.
- Experience in working with Tools for:
- Configuration Management: Puppet or Chef or Ansible etc.
- Repository management: Git (mandatory)
- Continuous Integration and Delivery: Jenkins or Teamcity or GitLab-CI
- Containerization and Orchestration: Docker and Kubernetes
Thales is a global organization with operations on all continents serving five major markets, all of them of vital importance for our societies: aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security.
From the bottom of the ocean to the depth of space and cyberspace, Thales provides a unique range of technologies and services that make tomorrow possible, today.