Building a future we can all trust
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible. Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
We are looking for an IT support engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our users. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
To be qualified for this role, you should have hands on experience in IT support and Engineering tools management (like development tools, version controlling, configuration management etc.).
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Deployment of engineering tools as per the project requirements
- Monitoring the licensing and performance of in-house hosted tools constantly
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the users
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Proven relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience on managing engineering tools
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!