In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales India Engineering Competency Center in Bangalore is seeking a Principal Engineer role to be part of Hardware engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing FPGA firmware, RTL design, testing in the virtual environment and in the target hardware for New technologies investigation for Aerospace, Defense and Military applications. You also perform trade analysis of different algorithms, design approaches, engineering simulations & modeling before finalizing the design.
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication or Electrical engineering or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Higher qualifications of Post-graduation and PhD are desirable. Working experience in Research & Technology areas in Aerospace, Defense products development is desirable
- RTL Design, Implementation, Testing, Integration and delivery of FPGA based hardware systems for New Technology projects for Aerospace & Defense Applications.
- Very good hands on experience in Verilog and Xilinx platform.
- Expertise in Bluespec and/or Chisel is a mandatory skill
- Experience in architectural design and build of SoC is mandatory
- Expertise in Requirements Capture, developing Design Specification, detailed design & other technical artefacts.
- Experience in implementing FPGA code on the target hardware & testing with other system components and software.
- Good Hands on Linting, Equivalence Checking & Clock Domain Crossing.
- Experience in any scripting language for automation (Perl/TCL/Python).
- Experience in developing test harnesses to verify developed items using self-checking test benches, BFMs, checkers/Monitors & Score boards using VHDL.
- Provide progress/technical updates to the project manager.
- Degree qualified in electrical/electronic engineering with minimum 10 years of experience in FPGA Design & Verification.
- Preferred candidate has experience in FPGA development for Defense/Avionics Applications.
- Experience in FPGA Implementation Tools ( XILINX, Verilog, Bluespec & Chisel).
- Good Experience in SoC development from requirements to complete build
- Experience in handling Lab equipment (Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Function Generators, JTAG, and In-circuit de-buggers).
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!