Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference. Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Involved in developing C++/Java on server side Linux based systems.
- Quality focused in terms of software delivery and adherence to the code maintainability and testability within the phases of software development lifecycle.
- Proficient in Networking in Linux platform.
- Proactively engaged with the team and work with sense of urgency and accountability.
- The software development cycle is agile-drive (Scrum) and requires to be self-driven within the context of the sprint commitments.
- 8 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns, and abstraction methodology.
- 8 years of experience with and be fluent in C/C++, JAVA and familiar with open source technologies.
- 2 years of experience with design and implementation of security-related aspects of the application in C or JAVA;
- 5 years of experience with GIT, JIRA, Sonar, Maven, Jenkins, VersionOne and any other Atlassian Tool Sets;
- 2 years of experience with Firewall rules configuration;
- 2 years of experience with SELinux;
- 2 years of experience with SAFe, Scrum and Agile development methodologies;
- 3 years of experience with Test Driven Development like google test;
- 5 years of experience with Linux internals; and
- 5 years of experience with networking and security protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, IMAP, VPN, VLAN, HTTP, SSL, PPTP).
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, tech design, implementation, code review, testing, and release.)
- Fundamental verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in troubleshooting issues during development lifecycle and use necessary tools to measure software quality/performance.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!