Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors.
India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
- 8-12 years of experience in Embedded Systems Design and Development
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++
- Design and Development of Embedded SW
- Develop application/middleware for OS (Linux)
- Good understating of Kernel APIs and Peripherals, Design methodologies (OOAD, UML)
- Handling of Embedded development platforms like Simulator, Emulator or FPGA
- Debug test failures and analyze the root causes
- Tools knowledge: Requirements Management and Configuration Management (DOORS, JAMA, JIRA, GIT…etc)
- Ability to work with minimum direction
- R&T setup
- Quick learner/Working on multiple new technologies
- Fiercely independent and self-motivated
- Ability to guide/mentor projects @ reputed Research Institutes such as IISC/IIT
- Exposure to latest tools / technologies
- Compiling/Writing Quality Technical reports with target audience from CTO office
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!