Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily. Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Must have experience in solution proposals on the interconnections, wiring, component packing and printed circuit board.
- Must have experience with contents of product Data package (Data files, Definition files, Bill of Material or item list, Documents, components, COTS, Find number, material & processes and standards).
- Must have experience in wiring harness design and manufacturing requirement of wiring harness/cable harness.
- Must have experience in wiring harness testing and inspection requirements.
- Must have experience knowledge in WHMA-620 or IPC-620 standard to define the wiring harness design requirement and quality requirements.
- Must have knowledge of military and aerospace standards (like SAE-AS50881) for the wiring harness design
- Must have hands on experience in VeSyS2.0 wiring harness design tool and AutoCad.
- Should have experience in MS-Office (specially in MS-PowerPoint, MS-Visio and MS-Excel)
- Should have experience in Product life cycle/Product configuration.
- Should have experience of working with mutli-disciplinary team (Electronics Design, Mechanical design and system engineering teams).
- Ensures global consistency of the engineering process, practices and tools, organizes the co-engineering then approves lower level solution element’s or component’s engineering plans including those flown down to the sub-contractors and partners.
- Identifies the engineering skills needed to ensure the Bid/Project/Product delivery.
- CAD Tools working knowledge:
- Mandatory: VESYS 2020.1, AutoCAD premium, MS-VISIO 2016,
- Desired: CATIA V5, ATIM & MENTOR TOOLS for harness design
- Design Standards:
- Mandatory: WHMA-620, IPC-610, SAE AS50881, MIL-Standards for wiring harness
- Strong background of Wiring Harness Design Standards & components knowledge of electrical and wiring harness
- Has knowledge is GROUND TRANSPORTATION DOMAIN – Harness design.
- Hands on experience in EXCEL automation & basic python scripting
- Regular expressions.
- Has manufacturing knowledge of cable harness and industry exposure is preferred.
- EMI / EMC Requirements, Cable Harness inspection and Testing requirements
- Basic project cost estimations, Project planning, execution and deployment.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!