Building a future we can all trust
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems. Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Primary Purpose of the Role
He / She contributes to the hardware components development activities and performs a subset of the hardware activities required to develop components of a hardware solution / product.
- Participates in requirements elicitation phase and capture customer requirements with various means (e.g. advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, prototypes, etc.).
- Formalizes the function description, architectural design and requirements.
- Elaborates the specification and the engineering plans used to develop the solution / product.
- Performs design and generates manufacturing drawings.
- Performs integration in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behavior, interactions and performance, and to confirm that the requirements against which the solution / product has been designed are fulfilled.
- Demonstrates that the solution / product satisfies the overall approved operational needs and that the product data package is ready for release to production and to operation and support.
- Contributes in co-engineering activities with the Systems Engineering team.
- Identifies the key BOM and compliance to ROHS, WEEE & REACH standards
- Performs development activity as per the CHORUS 2.0 process.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Understands the needs of the customer and formalizes the function description, architectural design and requirements.
- Details the test requirements and supports test hardware design and development.
- Contributes to the hardware architectural design.
- Performs CAD activities (Electrical CAD) for wiring harness for racks/cabinets and electrical interfaces.
- Development of embedded application in test and measurement domain.
- Participates in the integration activities and verification phases of test benches.
- Performs the test SW development for the UUT.
- Ensures the Configuration and Build Management of the SW development
- Contributes to the Change Management of the SW/Embedded Solution.
- FPGA Programming
- RASPI-4 or similar platforms
- Circuit Design & Schematics Dev
- Wire Harness Design – VeSYS tool
- Strong programming skills – Python,
- C, C++, NI Test Stand, NI LabVIEW.
HW – Testing
- Bed of Nails (ICT)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!