Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defence sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Within the matrix organization of the Engineering Competence Center, We are seeking an energetic individual with a passion for working with dynamic FMS environment and you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our Flight Management System.
Qualifications: B.Tech in Computer Science OR Electronics & Communication or related engineering discipline with 3 to 8 years of relevant experience.
Working experience in Defense\military\Aerospace products development is desirable.
As a Software Engineer/Lead, you will be a major actor in the software development phases of avionics product. In more details:
- Contribute across various activities of the V cycle, starting from deriving the requirements, devising the detailed design, code implementation and testing.
- Work adopting to AGILE methodology and take active part in the AGILE ceremonies/retrospectives.
- Adhere tothe DO178B/C standards
- Quickly adapt to the new means, tools like GIT/BITBUCKET/JENKINS/JIRA/etc
- Document the analysis/solution/risks/opportunities as part of the project
- Communicate effectively on the project status and share the best practices in the team
- Demonstrate the technical capabilities to understand the scope of the work, and transform the expectations into quality deliverables meeting the project performance targets (KPIs).
- Demonstrate the global mindset and the customer commitment for successful execution of the project.
- Table the Quality improvement thoughts and be proactive in improving the quality of the deliverables.
- Should have minimum of 3 years up to 8 years in the software development for Avionics Embedded system.
- Candidate should be strong in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Should have good understanding of DO178B/C.
- Experience in the various activities of the V cycle on deriving the requirements, devising the design, implementing the code and performing the unit/system level the testing.
- Should be good in programming, and having a good understanding of OOPS concepts in ADA/C++ is a plus.
- Experience on ADA95/2012 is a plus.
- Should have experience in avionics domain on software development/testing for an embedded system.
- Experience in Flight Management System software development/testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of tools like GIT/BITBUCKET/JENKINS/JIRA is a plus.
- Working experience using AGILE methodology is a plus.
- Should be a quick learner, self-motivated and team player to work across the global teams.
- Should demonstrate accountability to meet the project performance targets.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace