Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
The DEVOPS Engineer is a multi-disciplinary role. The engineer engages in both Engineering and Operations activities for the Thales Authentication and Access management solution (SASSTA). (S)he delivers the final application to production. Exceptional knowledge of automation practices with the aid of software development skills are required so that operations can deploy and support our solutions with the highest quality.
- Follow the Kanban board & resolve tickets as per the process to meet the SLA
- Support the solution to ensure the Application is optimized for performance and reliability
- Take part in maintenance windows for change implementation and on-call shift schedule as needed
- Follow the monitoring and alerting and suggest improvements in the metrics & KPIs
- Contribute to design discussions with team and integrate suggestions and changes that improves overall platform operability.
- Implement code where needed with high quality, consistent with standards for the group.
- Unit test software components to ensure module-level functionality and data structure consistency.
- Provide documentation as appropriate including design documentation, comments in code and end-user documentation.
- Consult with other technical team members and management on industry best practices.
- Discuss and agree on innovative solutions applicable to our cloud services environment.
- Maintain and enhance internal tools.
- Find opportunities for automation to eliminate manual tasks and increase platform reliability. Deploy and assist with maintenance of automation technologies
- Provide input to improve scalability and reliability of infrastructure.
- Provide Level 2/3 Level Support for the solution
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years of professional work experinece in a related field.
- Experience with supporting and deploying cloud based applications.
- An ideal candidate should have extensive experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in deploying and supporting web based applications.
- Ability to think in a Cloud Services manner.
- Experience with orchestration toolsets.
- Understanding of operational concepts like change management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, etc…
- Experience in manageing production systems on a very large scale.
- Experience working with virtualization: VMWare, HyperV, etc…
- Experience working with DB’s: MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Cassandra, etc…
- Software Development
- Experience with cloud and server architecture
- Experience with REST APIs, micorservices developement and deployment.
- Experience with security-relevant protocols
- Deep understanding of one of the major OS families (Linux or Windows)
- Conscious of security concerns
- Healthy fear of implementing an insecure solution
- Experience with automation technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef…)
- Experience with PaaS technologies (CloudFoundry, Openshift, etc…)
- Experience with IaaS technologies (OpenStack, Azure Stack, etc…)
- Public and Private Cloud
- Experience with Public cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc..)
- Experience with Private hosting (Private datacenters, Rackspace, etc…)
- Interaction & Communication
- Good social interaction with the immediate team as well as other teams
- Ability to work in an extremely geographically distributed company
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums.
- Collaboration and project management tools: Jira, Confluence, etc…
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!