Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure. Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
As a Client Services Sr Engineer you will provide technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via telephone, email, and/or internet.
- You will serve as a post-sales support liaison between company and customer and if needed, would be required to support pre-sales issues encountered during Proof of Concepts.
- You will convey customer feedback to the Client Services Product Champion and product development staff.
- You must possess thorough knowledge of Thales encryption products and services used by customers.
- You will be responsible for managing customer expectations, project deliverables, and providing cross functional escalation and communication during the lifecycle of a customer incident or service request.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
List the essential functions required for this position to exist. Also, list the responsibilities that must be completed in achieving the objectives of the position. Include all important aspects of the job — whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular intervals. Focus these responses on direct actions or key functions.
- You will answer customers’ questions and troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with complex technical products over the telephone or via electronic communications in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements/upgrades.
- You will advise customers, work to diagnose customer issues with Thales Encryption products, and interpret logs and error messages as well as interrogate and understand the customer environment where the products are being used.
- You will recommend solutions and workarounds to known problems and advise customers on how to apply the solution or workaround.
- You will provide guidance and support on how to use Thales products with 3rd party solutions and supported integrations.
- You will reproduce previously unknown issues (if need be) and interface with the Client Services Product Champion providing the customer setup and steps to reproduce the issues.
- You will identify and document issues consistently and clearly using group tools.
- You will support implementation of hotfixes and patches to minimize risk of unexpected issues and insure that the fix resolves the customer problem.
Minimum Requirements: Skills, Experience & Education
- To succeed at this job, you must have an understanding of encryption and cryptographic key management with experience using them to protect sensitive data in database, applications, storage systems, virtualized platforms and cloud environment. You must be familiar with cryptographic concepts, public key exchange, digital signature, data communication and PKI.
- You must be passionate about problem solving and have a genuine interest in helping our customers and our partners succeed.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must be willing to, occasionally, provide after hours and weekend support of products on an on-call. The on-call function is shared across the entire team and proactively scheduled to allow conflicts to be resolved ahead of time and to ensure there is no undue burden on any particular engineer.
- It would be preferred if you have familiarity with FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards), and other NIST requirements.
- We would like someone to join our team who has working knowledge of Linux operating systems such RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and/or Windows Servers, networking such as protocols like TCP/IP and UDP; IPv4 vs IPv6.
- Basic Knowledge of programming languages (C/C++ and/or Java). Database skills (Oracle and MS SQL Server) is a plus.
- Knowledge of RSA PCKS Public-Key Cryptography Standards.
- Knowledge of Public cloud platforms.
- Familiarity with AWS, VMware vCloud Air, Microsoft Azure, etc. is an advantage
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years industry experience working in a customer support role, providing technical application support, troubleshooting and diagnostics in the area of network and data security products
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!