Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure. Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
As a Network Security Engineer you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting on Network and Network security strategy and procedures. You will identify key areas of opportunity while managing the logical and physical IT Network. You will work with cutting edge technology and provide technical architecture and implementation.
A week in the life of a Senior Network Engineer:
- Provide subject-matter expertise regarding data center secure network planning, architecture and standards.
- You will own and resolve network service requests and incidents within a predefined SLA
- You will be hands-on in network design, engineering, monitoring, circuit provisioning, vendor management, and troubleshooting.
- You will participate in customer facing calls & meetings related to troubleshooting or design new solutions from network side.
- You will participate in industry standard audits (PCI, SOX, and GSMA).
- You will create and maintain network documentation, network maps, and network processes.
- You will demonstrate personal leadership. Identifying and helping to create documentation for the global data center knowledge base.
- You will interface and align with all of our network and partner engineering teams such as Compute, Storage and Edge Network and act as point of contact for every new data center network project.
- You will perform deep dives and analyze complex technical issues within the data center, ranging from automated tooling to hardware failures and network issues.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation to support the datacenter network infrastructure 24×7.
- You will actively be engaged and support the global network team spread between 3 continents
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have:
- Excellent understanding of the OSI model
- Strong TCP/IP stack knowledge
- Strong background in Datacenters network architecture
- Strong experience on network L2/L3 switches and NGFW firewalls management
o Strong experience with all LAN and WAN standards and technologies
- Experience with network monitoring and logging protocols (SNMP, Syslog, and monitoring metrics)
- Experience with Linux and Unix servers
- Working knowledge of deploying and managing networks in a Datacenter & Cloud environment
- Highly skilled and previous expertise with dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Highly skilled with tunneling protocols (IPSEC, GRE)
- Experience troubleshooting common network issues
- Proven experience working in fast-paced global team environment and solving problems with limited supervision
- It would be preferred if you have NSE, CCNP or equivalent certification as well as have scripting, automation, or cloud knowledge.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is a strong individual contributor, a strong written and verbal communicator, and a team leader & player.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- We are looking for someone with a combined 4-7 years of experience as a Network or Network Security Engineer, with strong hand on experience with firewalls, load balancers, and switches (F5, Fortigate/PaloAlto, and HPE/extreme/Cisco).
- Implement and act in accordance with Thales DIS information security policies.
- Protect Thales DIS assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference.
- React & help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees
- Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!