Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily. Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
- Implements the Purchasing policy applied in his/her Category (target suppliers, strategic suppliers, contracts and framework agreements negotiated, etc.) and communicates this to requesting parties and order issuers
- Takes into account Purchasing needs and rationalizing them under the Category Strategy
- Puts the Suppliers in competition with one another, in line with the Category Policy and applies the Acquisition process
- Negotiates acquisition conditions at the best total acquisition cost
- Keeps Purchasing data up to date in the information systems and guarantees their integrity
- Ensures that Suppliers deliver on their contract commitments and tracks their performance
- Provides the information needed for Acquisition forecasts and related requirements, in order to improve the strategy and to ensure better globalization
- Handles commercial disputes with Suppliers
- Good understanding for purchasing of General Expenses (S1 Segment) – Building works, Business Hotel & Business Travel Agencies, Transportation & Logistics Providers, Utilities, Industrial Equipment’s, Professional Services (Legal, Financial, Etc.), Leased Vehicles, Consultancy & Trainings Etc.
- Thorough understanding of Facility Management systems & services
- Good knowledge on contractual negotiation, execution and management
- Has good connects with key vendors for various domains
- Excellent understanding for purchasing of IT Solutions (S2 Segment) – Telecom Services, Software Licenses (Business, Infrastructure, Engineering, Support & Maintenance), Servers, Storage, Desktop, Laptop & Other IT Accessories, Audio Visual Equipment’s, Printers, Networking & Security Equipment’s, Rugged Industrial IT Systems & HW, Etc.
- Strong purchasing experience in IT HW & SW
- Full understanding of Software COTS Licenses & Industrial Rugged Systems
- Full understanding purchases through OEM and Resellers
- Able to draft statements of work and challenge technical offerings
- Experience in e-Sourcing competitive bidding system will be preferred
- Have previously worked in global team will be preferred
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently and in team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Bachelors or Masters/MBA (preferred) with 8-12 years of tactical sourcing & vendor management experience
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!