Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
Thales Cloud Protection & Licensing (CPL a business line under DIS Global Business Unit) division creates some of the worlds’ best and most innovative products in the CPL space.
Within this Business Line, the Professional Services Consultant is responsible for deploying and implementing our Data Protection solutions, in customer enterprise environments. In this position, you will have a central role in the organization, generating revenue, dealing with customers directly, coordinating with R&D and product management to perform profiling and fine-tuning of the solution you deliver.
This is a highly hands-on and technical role with extensive customer facing responsibilities. The individual will work with cross functional teams at customer sites focusing mainly on IT security, encryption and key management, to install and configure our encryption products. In this position, you will have to travel very regularly (at least every 2 weeks).
When needed, you will also be involved in pre-sales phase, as a product specialist.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- We are looking for someone enthusiastic and ambitious to join our talented Professional Services team. As a key member of the team you would be working with a fantastic portfolio of Authentication and Data Protection solutions, but would have a particular focus on our market-leading Key Management solution.
- You will work closely with sales and engagement team to quote and slot your projects, in order to optimize our revenue and deliver in a timely manner.
- During the delivery phase, you will define the pre-requisites with the customer, plan the installation activities involving the right stakeholders and finally install and integrate our products within customer environment. At this stage, we are expecting you to provide security advises and best practises to our customers, to ensure our products are integrated in a secure manner and will propose the best in class security level for our customer’s applications.
- Our products interface with many hundreds of third-party applications, and so a good knowledge of enterprise application software, particularly server applications and virtualisation would be a benefit. You will undoubtedly come across many new applications, integrations, features and APIs and this is both the excitement and the challenge of this position. This job suits someone who is very keen to learn and interested in technology – the ability and desire to ‘learn something new’ to fill gaps in your knowledge will really help.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Here is a list of typical activities for the consultant, to deliver a mission:
- Take-over customer and pre-sales information from Pre-Sales teams (scope & offer, customer context & constraints)
- Contact customer to review the scope, plan the activities and review pre-requisites for the mission
- Define and agree with customer the design of the solution and technical choices
- Performing remote or onsite installation by traveling to customer premises (usually data centre) to install and deploy our solutions
- Write technical documentations related with installation and configuration of the solution
- Get customer acceptance to proceed with invoicing
- Advising customers on security best practices, including minimising attack vectors and supporting high resilience.
- Delivering customer training on various CPL products.
- Pro-actively improving consultancy practices based on personal experience and customer feedback.
- Keep abreast with current trends in the security industry.
- B.E./B.S. Degree, or equivalent higher educational qualification, in a related technical field preferably Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Services or a related field.
- Very strong English-speaking ability. Comfortable with business English on the phone.
- Strong English writing skills. Able to write coherent instructions that describe a complex project in a step-by-step manner.
- Other Asian languages is a plus.
- Experience in a direct customer facing role and ready to travel very regularly
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High energy, flexible, pro-active and excellent resistance to stress
- Knowledge of Authentication and Identity management solutions
- Knowledge & background in Cryptography and Security, including PKI, digital signature, encryption, certificates, HSM and cryptographic APIs (PKCS#11, OpenSSL,…)
- Experience in Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
- Experience in networking principles and protocols
- Experience in database administration (mainly Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, DB2, and/or Informix)
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration.
- Comfortable with shell scripting, Linux file systems.
- Experience with SE Linux a plus.
- Experience with Windows server administration.
- Comfortable with Active Directory, power shell, NTFS administration and group policy administration.
- Experience with virtualization – VMWare, Xen, KVM and/or Docker a key skill
- Experience with firewalls and routing tables. Cisco experience a plus.
- Able to express complex ideas in a manner befitting the audience.
- A strong “can do” attitude. Willing to accommodate and innovate to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to present solutions, rather than problems
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!