hales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
The DevOps Engineer works alongside Engineering and other Cloud Service Engineers/Architects to help deliver to production. This role is highly technical with an internal facing focus, providing technical competence to deliver excellent solutions. Exceptional knowledge of automation practices is required in order to make sure the optimal solution is implemented and that he can deploy and support solutions with the highest quality.
- Support all operations activity which involve follow the SUN model for our Cloud Service.
- Consult with other technical team members and management on industry best practices. Discuss and agree on the most innovative solutions applicable to our cloud services environment.
- Maintain and enhance internal tools.
- Provide input to improve scalability and reliability of infrastructure to our Automation Architects
- Deploy and assist with maintenance of automation technologies.
- Provide Level 1 Support working in Operation team for all automation technologies.
- Document all build and run procedures when implementing new automation technologies.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 7+ years of professional work experience in a related field.
- Experience with supporting and deploying cloud based applications.
- Experience utilizing Linux systems.
An ideal candidate should have extensive experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in deploying and supporting web based applications.
- Ability to think in a Cloud Services manner.
- Experience with orchestration toolsets.
- Understanding of operational concepts like change management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, etc…
- Experience in manageing production systems on a very large scale.
- Experience working with virtualization: VMWare, HyperV, etc…
- Experience working with DB’s: MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Cassandra, etc…
- Deep understanding of one of the major OS families (Linux or Windows)
- Conscious of security concerns
- Healthy fear of implementing an insecure solution
- Experience with automation technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef…)
- Experience with PaaS technologies (CloudFoundry, Openshift, etc…)
- Experience with IaaS technologies (OpenStack, Azure Stack, etc…)
Public and Private Cloud
- Experience with Public cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc..)
- Experience with Private hosting (Private datacenters, Rackspace, etc…)
Interaction & Communication
- Good social interaction with the immediate team as well as other teams
- Ability to work in an extremely geographically distributed company
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums.
- Collaboration and project management tools: Jira, Confluence, etc.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!