Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Thales Software Monetization Service Operations seeks a Senior DevOps Engineer who will work closely with SM Engineering, QA, Professional Services, and within SM Service Operations to automate, support, and scale production AWS infrastructure and applications used by Sentinel Licensing SaaS offerings. DevOps Engineers will integrate new services, drive operability improvements in application components, and develop new capabilities to drive technical improvements in the Sentinel Service Platform. He/She will be primarily responsible for operating the customer environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years experience in software development or technical operations with extensive hands-on experience building, deploying, and scaling high availability Linux-based web applications and services in a large public cloud environment.
- Strong scripting or development background in Python, Ruby, Node.js, Scala, Golang, or Java with demonstrated track record of independently and rapidly learning new frameworks, languages, tools, and APIs.
- Extensive experience with Open Source configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, or SaltStack.
- Production experience in AWS, OpenStack, Azure, or Google Compute Engine.
- Working experience on Kubernetes & Docker environments.
- Experience with Open Source and tools such as Istio, Haproxy, Apache, Nginx, F5, or Amazon ELB.
- Basic competency in one or more relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or SQL Server)
- Fluency with version control systems with a preference for Git.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills necessary to work as part of a global services organization that supports 24×7 online services.
- Strong attention to detail, sense of ownership, and technical leadership skills necessary to drive technical and business problems to closure across organizational boundaries.
- Previous experience successfully and happily working as part of a remote or distributed team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Practical experience with J2EE/JVM Web Application deployment, troubleshooting, monitoring, performance tuning, analysis of stack traces and JVM metrics.
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure and application automation and monitoring to support complex distributed systems using cloud-based database, messaging systems.
- Experience in build automation technologies like Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Teamcity, Groovy, Maven, etc.
- Experience with commercial or Open Source log management tools such as DataDog, Splunk or Logstash.
- Understand and appreciate core concepts of 12-Factor App development and micro services delivery.
- Exposure to evolving development and deployment platforms including Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes and Serverless technologies.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!