Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
Job Description – Senior Technical Writer
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Noida, India
Reports to: Manager/Lead Technical Writer
Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. Thales offers the only complete enterprise encryption portfolio that provides persistent protection of sensitive data at all critical points in its lifecycle. From the physical and virtual data center to the cloud, our solutions help organizations remain protected, compliant, and in control of their data.
We are currently looking for a technical writer to join our engineering group to work on the documentation for the encryption portfolio. He/She will perform writing tasks on complex documentation projects such as user manuals, API reference manuals, developers guide, installation manuals, help documents, and tutorials.
- Define the target audience and document components.
- Outline manuals and write documentation that is technically accurate and conforms to company’s style.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of professional documentation, templates and style guides as per standards.
- Obtain product information from specifications, supplemental material, and discussions with project engineers.
- Use complex products to understand and document new features appropriately.
- Work in an Agile environment and deliver according to expectations of the Agile setting.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- BA (English) /B. Tech/ BA (Mass communication) or Equivalent degree
- 5+ years’ experience technical documentation of enterprise products using Madcap Flare
- Good editing and inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of computer architecture
- Basic experience in software installation, configuration, and testing of hardware/software
- Hands-on experience in databases, and API and CLI documentation
- Ability to quickly draw technical design diagrams.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!